Hospice and Palliative Care
Care and compassion at the end of life.
Our staff is trained to provide care and reassurance when a physician determines that a patient’s life-limiting disease calls for comfort, rather than cure. When our residents are facing a life-limiting illness, we are there to help. We provide hospice care for our residents who require pain or symptom management in a comfortable, compassionate setting.
The Woodwell™ program is a comprehensive program of care and supportive services for older adults facing life-limiting illnesses, available to residents of Presbyterian SeniorCare Network communities. With the expertise of Family Hospice and Palliative Care, the program helps residents—and their families—through the last phases of their life journey.
The Woodwell program has received national recognition from the American Hospital Association for its innovative strides in palliative and end-of-life care. Residents receive physical comfort through the medical management of symptoms and pain, complemented by massage, music, art and aroma therapies. The specially trained team of professional nurses and specialists feels privileged to care for you or your loved one at such an intimate time along life’s journey. We want to let you know that we will carefully listen and help find the answers you need as we walk through this difficult transition into the last phases of life with you.
Once in the Woodwell program, residents and families receive:
- Daily visits from on-site hospice staff dedicated to the community in which the resident lives
- Support to ease the transition from treatment to comfort care to end of life
- Educational materials and disease-specific care guides
- On-site Compassionate Caregiver Training™ to help families care for their loved one
- Counseling and support groups throughout the dying process and to help families for at least one year following death
- Empathetic caregivers who listen to requests, understand concerns and answer questions
- A personalized audio, photographic or video legacy gift to help residents preserve their life stories for family members
The Woodwell program received the Circle of Life Award from the American Hospital Association (AHA), a national recognition of its innovative strides in palliative and end-of-life care.
To schedule a visit, please call 412-828-5600 or contact us here.
To learn more about our our services, please contact us online or call us at 877-272-8147